The Oklahoma Bandmasters will award one scholarship annually in the amount of $1000 to support an Oklahoma high school band student intending to pursue a degree in instrumental music.
Letters of recommendation and any other materials that are unable to be uploaded
online should be sent to the following address:
Oklahoma Bandmasters Association PO Box 3735
Shawnee, Oklahoma 74802
All online entries and mailed items must be received/postmarked no later than March 29, 2019 in order to be considered for the scholarship.
$1000 awarded annually to an Oklahoma high school senior who:
• Is a wind or percussion instrumentalist who participated in her/his high school band
• Is majoring in instrumental music
Scholarship awarded based on:
• Musical accomplishments and contributions
• Academic accomplishments
• Potential for success in the music profession
• Personal qualifications
• Application Deadline: March 29, 2019
• Please note that submitted materials will not be returned
• Complete the online application found at www.okbandmasters.com
• Submit the following with your application:
• Three letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes: one from your high school band director; one from a school administrator, counselor, or teacher; and one from a person of your choice (non-relative) – These must be mailed, not submitted online.
• An official copy of your current high school transcript
• A resume
• A short essay or personal statement that speaks to the following:
• Your intention to apply for the scholarship
• Educational, musical and extracurricular activities
• Your desire to pursue an instrumental music degree
• Other pertinent information that may help determine your potential
• All entries will be screened by a committee consisting of an OBA board member and 4 active members of OBA
• None of the committee members will have had any of the applicants as
￼￼students, past or present
• The recipient will be notified by phone by June 1st; he/she will need to confirm
they still qualify for the scholarship.
• To receive the scholarship moneys, the recipient will send proof of enrollment
to the OBA treasurer after the add/drop date at the student’s college or
university. Once received the check will be dispersed.
• The recipient’s name and photo will be displayed on the OBA website
• The recipient and his/her parents will be guests of honor to be recognized at
the OBA Hall of Fame Banquet which takes place during the July convention
If you have any questions, please contact the OBA Past-President, Jenn Kauffman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.